Job/Role Title Senior Finance Officer
Division Internal Facing
Salary 15,876 – 25,404 USD
Responsible to Corporate Services Lead
Apply to: [email protected]
Role Purpose:To ensure effective and efficient management of the office operations for the Secretariat, ACRO has one regional office with two locations, one in the Americas and one in the Caribbean.
The position is responsible for finical processes across the Secretariat alongside the Corporate Services Lead. It is a key role in overseeing and completing local processes in accordance with the global finance manual and month end timelines, and to support the secretariat with financial activities. The role is also a conduit between the global finance function and local operations.
Context of role:
- The role reports to the Corporate Services Lead and will support with local compliance, HR and Administration.
- The role is part of the vertically integrated Finance, Admin and IT functions.
- The role will support the development, evolution and implementation of global systems, processes, reporting requirements and reporting standards.
- The role becomes the go to person in the region for key finance issues within NetSuite.
- Adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate posting of invoices/ bills/ payment demands (through Purchase orders) for the secretariat costs, including payroll, suppliers and expenses in accordance with the global finance manual.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate posting of all inflows into the secretariat including donations, grants, intercompany receipts, advance returns, etc in accordance with the global finance manual.
- Responsible for overseeing timely and accurate completion of time sheets in collaboration with the Office Admin/ HR staff.
- Responsible for posting in a timely and accurate way journals in NetSuite relating to advance adjustments, outstanding reconciliation items, payroll posting, etc.
- Responsible for, in collaboration with the finance hub, maintenance of master data on Netsuite. This includes data relating to suppliers, partners, employees, donors, chart of accounts, etc., in accordance with global policies and frameworks.
- Responsible for the accounting and management of all fixed assets.
- Liaise with all local suppliers and staff on any payment and reconciliation issues.
- Align activities with the secretariat to ensure global month end closure timelines are met.
- Support with all internal and external audit query resolutions.
- Identify and analyze any unreconciled differences and make corrections as required to the financial accounts in NetSuite as requested.
- Support the Architect of Cooperation and the Business Analyst/s with any NetSuite issues and grant accounting.
- Support the office with secretariat budgets & forecasts.
- Support the Corporate Services Lead and Global Compliance Officer with any compliance requirements.
- Support and enable a safe environment, adhering to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
- Accountant by qualification
- Strong knowledge and understanding of NetSuite One World solution and used to working with various currencies.
- Experience of working with global systems & processes – dealing with multiple currencies.
- Experience with budgeting and rolling forecasts.
- Experience in the Charity Sector
- Evidence of managing robust standards of performance and compliance to tight deadlines.
- Evidence of creating an environment of visibility, transparency, integrity, learning and improvement
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making.
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent excel skills Writing and reporting skills in English and Spanish.
- High level of organisation skills, planning, time management.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Collaborative and open style of working.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in a local and international context.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to work in a diverse, multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational environment that is anti-racist and respectful of others.
- An intersectional (pro) feminist passionate about sexual reproductive health care rights + justice, including safe abortion.
- Supportive of people’s rights regardless of sexuality or gender identity/expression and supportive of worker’s rights and access to health care in sex work.
CVs will not be accepted. For further information and to download an application form, please see below. Apply to: [email protected]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Applications are particularly welcome from candidates openly living with HIV/AIDS. IPPF is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to share this commitment. Anyone employed with IPPF agrees to sign and adhere to IPPF’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Policy.
An appropriate pre-employment police/DBS check will be undertaken for the successful candidate as part of IPPFs safer recruitment process and commitment to safeguarding.
3 May 2023