Job/Role Title ACRO Membership Support & Development Director
Division Membership Support & Development (MA Facing)
Salary 101,328 – 134,179 USD
Location Trinidad and Tobago
Responsible to Regional Director
Apply to: [email protected]
Role Purpose: To lead the integrated support, growth and development of Member Associations (MAs) and Collaborative Partners (CPs) in the region and collaborate pro-actively with other Regions and Global functions to leverage Federation wide impact.
Context of role:
- Brings together and connects all MA facing work within a Region to ensure optimal support and services to MAs/CPs.
- Provides an enabling environment to support free flow of information and the mechanisms to enable knowledge sharing and direct access between MAs/CPs in Region and other parts of the Federation.
- Promotes MAs/CPs as the centres of excellence and technical expertise.
- Works as part of the Regional Senior Leadership Team to promote, develop and grow the work of the Federation in its geography.
- Works as part of the Global Secretariat team and the Global Membership Support & Development Community of Practice to deliver the global agenda.
- Architects of Cooperation.
- Business Analyst.
- Performance, Learning & Impact Manager
- Data Analyst.
- Governance & Accreditation Advisor
- Youth Networker.
- Contract Manager(s) if relevant.
- Role Deliverables:
- Create a framework that builds a greater understanding and integrates MA/CP growth into delivery of the Strategic Framework to widen access, expand choice, innovate and share knowledge and act with youth, advance digital and self-care.
- Build an overall picture of MA/CP capabilities, capacities, country contexts, audiences and competition from country and MA/CP profiles to strategically connect organisations, activities and information.
- Devise an integrated plan of activities driven by MAs/CPs to achieve tangible outcomes, capacity building, stronger governance, shared learning and connection facilitation across the Federation.
- Create an MA/CP service delivery platform that provides funding and resource support that meets Federation programmatic requirements, leverages opportunities and achieves ‘burn rates’.
- Assess quality controls for data integrity used to inform decision-making.
- Facilitate the design and delivery of integrated programming and resource allocation, leveraging or building technical capacity in Mas.
- Galvanise and lever development opportunities for MAs/CPs through proposals and donor reporting.
- Build, lead and mentor a diverse team with complementary technical expertise, skills, drive and determination into a seamless functional unit where people can perform at their best. Role model safeguarding, anti-racism and IPPF’s code of conduct in everything they do.
- Identify and target new partners in priority countries and walk with them on the path to membership.
- Successfully led the effective design and delivery of multi-country/regional SRHR Programmes in international development.
- Track record of co-constructing and implementing multi-faced business plans/budgets in diverse geographic/cultural settings with good financial understanding and budget management skills.
- Significant experience in effective resourcing and monitoring performance to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Understands political, economic, social, legal and environmental contexts in the Region and Globally affecting our Sector
- Track record of working successfully with diverse, multicultural and multilingual groups and experience of supporting teamworking in diverse environments.
- Understands the workings of MAs and how to encourage, influence, incentivize engagement.
- Ability to scan the horizon to spot issues, leverage opportunities, mitigate risks and build a learning environment with organisational resilience and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances with agility.
- Evidence of good judgment and decision-making in dealing with challenging situations and management of escalated issues
- Open to new/others ideas, strongly collaborative with good influencing skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English plus Spanish, French is desirable).
- Excellent team leader and developer with strong planning, organising and knowledge sharing skills.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills
- Highest integrity and confidentiality, approachable and supportive.
- Creative problem-solver, who thinks ahead and pre-empts risks/issues.
- Understands the external dynamics, political/social/economic shifts and keeps up to date with functional/sectoral/legislative changes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in a local and international context.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to work in a diverse, multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational environment that is anti-racist and respectful of others.
- An intersectional (pro) feminist passionate about sexual reproductive health care rights + justice, including safe abortion.
- Supportive of people’s rights regardless of sexuality or gender identity/expression and supportive of worker’s rights and access to health care in sex work.
CVs will not be accepted. For further information and to download an application form, please see below. Apply to: [email protected]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Applications are particularly welcome from candidates openly living with HIV/AIDS. IPPF is committed to equal opportunities and cultural diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to share this commitment. Anyone employed with IPPF agrees to sign and adhere to IPPF’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Policy.
An appropriate pre-employment police/DBS check will be undertaken for the successful candidate as part of IPPFs safer recruitment process and commitment to safeguarding.
3 May 2023