Job/Role Title: IT Consultant
Project Title: Caribbean Observatory on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
Responsible to ACRO Secretariat
Project Background: The Caribbean SRHR Observatory is aimed at advocating for strengthened policy and programmatic linkages between family violence and SRHR, which will improve coverage, access to, and uptake of both SRHR and GBV services for vulnerable populations and promote social monitoring towards the advancement of integrated SRHR/GBV in the region. The Observatory will also provide timely and independent analysis and will serve as an advocacy platform for development of social norms change across the Caribbean, promotion of south- south cooperation, innovation, and expertise. It is expected that the project will result in:
- Improved analysis of quality disaggregated and comparable data on SRHR and different forms of VAWG used in line with international standards to inform laws, policies, and programmes.
- Increased quality engagement of civil society organisations (CSOs) leading to greater empowerment to conduct evidence-based advocacy.
- Strengthened policies, legislative and programmatic linkages between family violence and SRHR in the region.
Role Purpose: The post holder will lead the assessment of the current IT infrastructure, systems, and processes of the observatory, identify gaps, challenges, and opportunities for improvement in the IT infrastructure and database, develop a comprehensive strategy and framework aligned with the observatory's goals and requirements, propose and implement IT solutions to address identified gaps and enhance the observatory's data management, analysis, and reporting capabilities, ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of data stored and processed within the observatory, provide technical support and training to observatory technical advisors to facilitate efficient use of IT systems and tools and collaborate with external stakeholders, as necessary for the successful implementation of visualization of the observatory data.
Context of role:
- Conduct an initial assessment of the observatory's IT infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, and databases (back-end) and website (front-end).
- Analyse the existing data management and analysis processes including the pre-developed indicators and draft Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and implement required improvements, where necessary to determine how information/data should be collected in tandem with the data repository tool.
- Review the existing IT architecture and framework, outlining the recommended improvements and solutions.
- Improve the integration of the database (back-end) into the website (front-end)
- Undertake a comprehensive exploration and examination of appropriate and economical IT solutions, such as data management systems, data visualization tools, or reporting and web-based platforms and make proposals for consideration.
- Work with the Data Analyst to ensure that the data that is collected and analysed, is visualised via the front-end of the virtual Knowledge Platform (website) using various innovative approaches to make data more relevant, user friendly for different audiences, with graphs and other visualization tools.
- Improve the design of the front-end of the knowledge platform (website) with the incorporation of a dashboard, additional navigation including shortcuts, pages, graphics, relevant infographics, and appropriate images, where necessary for a high-end and user-friendly look
- Ensure that there is ongoing quality disaggregated and comparable data on SRHR and different forms of VAWG used in line with international standards to inform, knowledge products and communication outputs
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and implement necessary security measures to protect sensitive information.
- Provide technical support to observatory advisors, troubleshoot IT-related issues, and offer training sessions to support final handover of the Observatory platform to the Secretariat.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented IT solutions and adjust as needed.
- Submit progress reports and present findings, recommendations, and updates to the observatory's project manager.
- Comprehensive assessment and report of the observatory's current IT infrastructure.
- IT architecture and framework document outlining recommendations, improvements, and solutions.
- Implementation according to the work plan for proposed IT solutions, including timelines, resource requirements, and budget estimates.
- Deployed and functional IT observatory knowledge platform including data management systems, visualization tools, and reporting and web-based platforms.
- Documentation and user guides for implemented IT solutions.
- Training materials and conducted training sessions for Observatory staff.
- Progress reports detailing the implementation status, challenges faced, and achievements made.
- Final report and handover summarizing the overall project implementation, including outcomes, lessons learned, and recommendations for future improvements.
- Degree in data science; data analytics, data engineering, information technology, computer science or related degree
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in data management and analysis, proficiency in data management practices, including data collection, storage, cleaning, and analysis.
- Experience with databases, data modeling, and data visualization tools to enable effective monitoring and analysis of data.
- Experience in web development with database integration
- Knowledge of data analysis, data visualisation and web development software including SPSS, Tableau and WordPress, respectively
- Capability to design and implement IT solutions tailored to the specific needs of the SRH Observatory, such as data management systems, reporting and web-based platforms, or data visualization tools.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and programming languages may be required.
- Skill in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including observatory advisors, and other relevant partners. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and build productive relationships.
- Ability to manage IT projects effectively, including coordinating resources, tracking progress, and ensuring timely delivery of IT solutions.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors, and partners to share this commitment. Anyone employed with IPPF agrees to sign and adhere to IPPF’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Policy.
To apply, please submit a proposal to: [email protected] IPPF Americas and the Caribbean Region